The mission of the NMR facility is to provide scientific and technical expertise in NMR spectroscopy and to provide users with open-access to a range of functional equipment. In particular, the facility carries out and interprets NMR spectra on specific problems. It can carry out detailed studies as part of scientific collaborations or service deliveries. It is also responsible for the maintenance of the spectrometers, training and assistance to users of open-access equipment.
The NMR service is open to researchers from outside the laboratory and from the private sector. The service is part of the “RMN Midi-Pyrénées” network.
Bruker Avance III 400 Wide-Bore for solid-state NMR
- 4mm triple resonance probe MAS H-F/X/Y with insert 31P / 65Cu – 29
- 4mm double resonance probe MAS H/X low gamma (109Ag – 13C)
- 2mm double resonance probe MAS H-F/X (15N – 31P)
- 5mm double résonance probe MAS H-F/X (13C – 31P)
- 3mm double résonance probe MAS H/X (15N – 31P)
- 5mm goniometric probe H/X (15N – 31P)
- Variable temperature unit (BCUII + Nitrogen exchanger)
Bruker Avance NEO for liquid or solid-state NMR
- 5mm broadband inverse triple-resonance probe
1H, BB(31P-103Rh)/31P with Z field gradients
- 2mm double resonance CPMAS H/X high gamma (31P – 15N)
- 2mm double resonance CPMAS H/X low gamma (15N – 109Ag)
- Variable temperature unit (BCUII and nitrogen vaporization)
NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) is a non-destructive chemical analysis technique commonly used to determine the molecular composition and purity of a sample.
It allows the identification of molecules, the determination of their structure and the study of some of their physical properties in solution or in the solid state (change of conformation, phase, solubility, size…).
This facility offers a wide range of services that can be integrated into your R&D projects in a wide variety of scientific fields (materials, organic chemistry, catalysis, natural products, etc.). Today, we carry out NMR measurements for more than twenty public or industrial laboratories.
The NMR facility can offer you solutions ranging from simple access to NMR spectrometers for routine controls to the complete handling of your samples by our engineers (preparation of samples for analysis, performance of measurements, interpretation of results, drafting of an analysis report, etc.). Any service will be subject to a detailed quote that we will draw up according to your needs.
Monitoring of chemical syntheses
- Chemical composition of a reaction mixture
- Quality control of production
- Detection and characterisation of impurities
Determination of the molecular structure
- Study of the three-dimensional shape of molecules
- Identification of original molecules, bioactive molecules (antibiotics, antifungals…), natural products…
Study of materials or insoluble products
- Crystalline (polymorphism) or amorphous form
- Absorption of molecules on silicas, zeolites…
- Arrangement of molecules in the solid-state
- Natural products (wood, bone…)
- Gel, liquid crystals
- Aging/modification of materials
Study of dynamic phenomena
- Study of reaction mechanisms (kinetic and thermodynamic study, reaction intermediates)
- Isotope exchange
Study of molecular interactions
- Study of direct or reverse micelles, vesicles, liposomes
- Study of association phenomena, aggregation, polymerisation…
- Linear or branched form, in solution or solid state
- Structure of the units
- Polydispersity index
- Average molecular weight and size
Within the framework of the « Midi-Pyrénées » NMR network, we offer two NMR training courses through the « CNRS Formation Entreprise » organization (in French):
NMR analysis: acquisition, processing and interpretation (NMR analysis)
NMR for chemistry and biochemistry: advanced (advanced)
Each year, the NMR facility provides NMR training to the doctoral school of material sciences at the Paul Sabatier University of Toulouse (in English).